Treatment Options for ENT Health Conditions in Children
The kind of treatment that your child gets is highly determined by the nose, ear and throat condition and its severity. There are some conditions that can be treated by use of different medications, while others require surgery. Those that require surgery are the most complex ones that might not be treated using the different medications available. We provide highly customized care for each child depending on their specific condition and its severity.
Steps in treatment
· If your child requires care, it is usually organized as a referral from your child doctor.
· To ensure that your child is prepared for the consultation process, you need to demonstrate high level honesty about the steps to follow. Children tend to be more comfortable when they are aware of the reasons why they are visiting the hospital. Our pediatricians do everything they can to make sure that your child is at ease during the process.
· During the consultation process, your doctor will carry out a thorough review of the medical history of your child and complete a physical examination.
· To arrive at a diagnosis, your doctor may carry out several tests and ask some questions in order to identify the condition that your child might be suffering from.
· Our doctors make reviews of all the concerns that you might have and answer all your questions.
· From there, you will discuss about the various treatment options available and the steps to follow. Your child only gets treatment that is suited for the specific condition he or she is suffering from. All his or her needs will also be considered to ensure proper treatment.
ENT surgery at our hospital
The most common procedures we offer to children at our hospital include ear tube placement and adenoid/tonsils removal. We specialize in caring of children suffering from regular and chronic infection of the ears. These are ear conditions treated using ear tubes. This is a procedure that only takes five minutes to be completed and your child will be able to go home the same day.
We carry out more than five hundred adenoid and tonsil removals per year. This results from the recurrent nature of tonsillitis, sleep apnea and obstructive sleep disordered breathing in children. The kind of surgery carried out is determined by the specific needs of each child.
Surgeries carried out at our hospital are attended by highly qualified pediatric anesthesiologists with ample experience in providing anesthesia to children. A thorough follow up care is performed in the physician’s office as planned and as required.
Common Children ENT Problems And Treatment In Singapore
ENT problems among children are very common and Singapore kids are not exempt from it. But most of these problems go undetected due to the inability of children to explain the discomfort that they experience. Therefore, the problems go untreated till the appearance of more obvious symptoms. Even if the children reveal about some symptoms, parents may not be able to understand what went wrong with their children. Here are some child ENT problems in Singapore.
Common ENT Conditions Among Children
- Blocked nose and mouth breathing
- Swollen turbinates
- Adenoid/tonsil enlargement
- Runny nose
- Chronic cough
- Sore throat
- Ear ache
- Hearing problems
- Scratching and pulling of ear
- Ear drainage
Treatment for child ENT problems in Singapore depends on the severity of the condition. Some ENT problems can be treated simply with medicines. But, surgery is needed for treating some chronic problems. ENT specialists in Singapore can provide in-depth diagnostic testing. While consulting an ENT doctor in Singapore, you must explain problems relating to your child fully. You are the only person who knows your child well. In order to treat year infections, ENT specialists may use antibiotics or tympanostomy tubes for chronic otitis media.
Tonsillitis is caused by bacteria or virus. It is the condition of inflammation of tonsils. This is very common among children and it can spread through contact with nasal or throat fluids. Tonsils become painful, red and swollen and may be coated with white or yellow substance. Generally, tonsillitis are caused by virus. But, the bacteria that cause strep throat can also cause tonsillitis. Swollen lymph nodes, fever, difficulty swallowing and sore throat are the symptoms of tonsillitis.
Your ENT specialist Singapore will be able to identify tonsillitis. They may conduct a rapid strep throat test to determine the cause. ENT doctor Singapore may prescribe antibiotics for bacterial infection. The doctor may also recommend surgery to remove tonsils. Surgery is needed if your child has persistent or recurring throat infections.
Neck mass is very common among children. It is the swelling on neck and it can change the shape of the neck. It do not cause any symptoms and it may disappear on its own. However, you need to visit an ENT clinic to determine whether treatment is necessary. Diagnostic testing is needed if the neck mass lasts for more than a few weeks. Imaging exam will be performed depending on the size, type and location of the mass. Pediatric neck mass treatment can vary depending on individual lesion. However, your ENT doctor will check it regularly to determine abnormalities. The risk of cancer and other complications can be reduced if it is removed surgically.
Congenital cholesteatomas, congenital syndromes, ear infections, tinnitus, etc are the other common ENT problems of children. Ear pain, discharge, hearing loss, dizziness, fever and headache are the symptoms. Special care is needed for treating these problems. Your ENT specialist in Singapore suggests hearing aids, medication, ear tubes, surgery or other approaches to treat these problems. ENT doctor will evaluate the overall health of children to determine the problem and right treatment.